View Single Post
Old 12-01-2001, 06:06 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Thumbs up Cougar in 2004 will be based on Stang Chassis.

I dont know about you all, but I was so happy to hear/read the news from Mercury concering the Next Gen Cougar.

Yes, I dont know why, but I'm so glad to see the Cougar return to a Mustang based car. Mercury says its gonna be released 6 months after the new Mustang, and based on the substanially modified DEW Lite Chassis.

Of course its gonna be rear wheel drive, with a V8, and totally diffrent "Skin" as the Mustang. I hope they pull off a cool retro 67-70 Cougar look for it. That would be BAD-A$$.

Thats basically all the details they gave on it. What do you all think? Wonder if it will be an Upscale Pony Car, like they used to be in the late 60's early 70's. That opens the door for some more Hi-Po Fords. Xr-7's, and Eliminators anyone?

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote