View Single Post
Old 12-15-2001, 10:30 AM   #10
Stang Runner
Registered Member

I think the AFR's are better but they are both very close The Flow ### for the AFR a very good and so are the TFS But down low the Ex on the AFR's is better and they come with stuff like a 5 angle job out of the box BUT the TFS With same work done will be better so it is up to you what you get. Mine 165's flowed better than what AFR said by all most 8 cfm the ex side that is and 2 less on the Intake side then what they say But the heads will work very good with a Blower or NO2 with the Flowing of the EX side being so good on the heads.
But it is very hard to compare the 2 the AFR 165 have 1.90 Intake on them get very close too the TW that are 2.02 they flow a bit better up high like 2-6cfm better but that meand the 165 have a higher velocity on the air that is goin In and helps make the gas mix a bit better and yes the TW in some times do better and the same with the AFR's too BUT lest say the 185 they are 2.02 Intake and it is Far Better than the TW (More Flow) on the Intake side. Sorry I amd not saying the TW are Bad they are Very good And Yes a better price too But it all realy matters on what the combo realy is.
I am not saying you dont know what you are talking about Heck I am not saying i realy know what I am talking about.
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm

Last edited by Stang Runner; 12-15-2001 at 10:54 AM..
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote