View Single Post
Old 12-26-2001, 01:47 PM   #11
whiterod
Registered Member

sonics2042, you are going to love the gears. it helps really all the way around. My quarter mile improved nearly half a second going from 2.73's to 3.55's w/ an automatic. there is one problem you are going to have though and that is with the aod. you see the aod will not shift into overdrive at wot. So therefore you top end will not be close to the same because of the transmission not shifting into od. see most of the people who posted to you did not take that into consideration. before i put my 3.55's in my car i could go close to 140 mph in 3rd gear. after, i topped out at about 120 because i was getting close to the red. it felt better but i just ran out of gear. so that next summer i put in a 5 speed to cure that and a few more problems. i heard of shift kits that allow aod's to shift into 4th or od but i don't know how long the od gear can handle that kind of power, that is the reason it doensn't shift into od to begin with. Well good luck man, just take a look and all the pro's and con's and make a well educated decision, like how many times are you going to try and top your car out, and such.......
GT-40X(58cc)heads, cobra upper&lower, FMS 65mm TB, 75mm Bullet, 24# injectors, 190 lph fuel pump, moroso cold air intake, BBK 1 5/8 equal length headers, flowmaster cat back, 1.7 cobra rockers, crane 2031, T5Z gear box, centerforce dual friction, mcleod bullet proof bellhousing, 3.55 gears, hurst billet shifter with over 193,000 miles. thanks to all who contributed
whiterod is offline   Reply With Quote