View Single Post
Old 01-21-2002, 06:24 PM   #9
429mustang
Registered Member

I checked out some sites last year about stock ratings for a four barrel 460, a 1970 460 supposedely made 360 hp/480 ftlbs torque. I'm beefing up a 1970 429 to put in my 86 mustang GT now. You can get the oil pan/oil pump and hooker headers out of Jeg's to swap it into a fox body mustang. The headers go for around $360 and the oil pan/pump will cost you a little under $200 I think. You can get regular style motor mounts from a few places out of most of the new mustang magazines, or you could get a motor plate kit from D&D Automotive Specialities. Depending on what valve covors you use, you may need to convert to manual brakes. I'm not sure about the power steering yet, I may go with a Flaming River manual rack, but you could probably mount up a pump with the right brackets. The drive shaft may need to be shortened and you should definitely tie the frame with a set of full length subframe connectors.