View Single Post
Old 03-10-2002, 09:16 PM   #2
DZEE'S LX
Registered Member

Just got done with mine.

The Trick Flow instructions are good for some things but are way lacking in some steps.

The best thing I did was buy a few lengths of different size vacuum hoses. I used almost 3 feet of 3/8 ID.

I just turned both my stock and the TFS intake upside down and transfered all the removable fittings and hoses to the new one. The side port is different, so you can see that you have to use a new section of hose.

Just make sure that you basically have the same lines and hoses as your stock setup. Leave extra length if in doubt because you will not want to pull the intake back off if you find you need a longer hose. I had to put in a longer hose to reach my PCV and also for the hose going into the vacuum tree on the firewall.

I didn't have to use all the fittings that were in the kit.

Wait till you get to fight with those stupid 12 point nuts. I think the TFS guys were on drugs when they decided how much clearance to allow for the nuts. It's a joke that they give torque values because I couldn't possibly get a socket on two of them, even with a swivel. BTW you need a 3/8 12-point box end wrench for them. 5/16 & 3/8 12-point sockets for the others.

Don't thread the studs too far into the lower intake, or you will not get full threads on the nuts.

I was well versed in swear words by the time I was done. I just hated having to take it on and off so many times. Especially since I had to thread it through my strut tower brace that I was too lazy to remove.

Also, cut 4 long bolts to make guide pins to align the lower as you set it down.

Let me know if you have other questions,

Dan
Spec Service (UHP), BFG G-Force KDW's, Turbo Coupe 3.55 rear w/disks, 73mm calipers, Stg 1 Twisted Wedges, TFS Street Intake, 70mm TB, E cam, Crane 1.7's, Aeromotive FPR, BBK 1 5/8 shorties, elec fan, FMS Al Radiator, Moroso Wires, Kenne Bell Ramair, March pulleys, Race Magnums, 190 lph Walbro, FMS Al Dshaft, D/S loop, MM 4point rollbar, FMS C spngs, strut tower brace, Tokico Illuminas, Prothane bushings, MM Lwr Conrol Arms, KB welded subs, Cervini Mach 1 hood/valence/side skirts/wing/airdam.
DZEE'S LX is offline   Reply With Quote