Thread: AOD rebuild?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2002, 11:39 AM   #12
SkadonyaCA
Registered Member

Default Do it!

I just rebuilt my AOD tranny about two months ago. It is REALLY easy. The hardest part is getting it in and out of the car. I have the AOD rebuild video. Sat in the garage with the video and just worked. It takes patience, but its really easy! You're right, there are some things you don't want to do without the right tools, but rather than buying the tools just take the parts to a tranny shop and they'll do it for you for pretty cheap, around $20 is what I paid to have my piston rings done. If you want I'll send you the video. You also want the Mustang book, I have a Chilton, so that you have the instructions on the right way to get out the tranny, but I can photo copy that for you if you don't already have one.

Email me if you want advice, the video, whatever. I'm a 23 yr old female who just started working on her own car about 6 months ago, basically I feel like if I can do this anyone can!

Amanda
Ford racing springs; KYB gas adjust shocks/struts; Intake (undecided); Approx. 12 degree timing; GT-40 P heads (ported); GT-40 P headers (ported); Cobra Rockers; 65 mm Throttle body; EGR spacer; 80 mm Lightning MAF; 3.55 Ford Racing Gears; CustomChip; B&M high stall torque converter; tranny cooler; fuel pressure regulator and gauge; 175 Amp Alternator; 2000 watt Audiobahn/panasonic soundsystem; CD w/Changer, 2 - 10" Aluminum Subs; audiobahn 1 farad capacitor; Dual Cut-outs just past the primary Cats; MAC cold air induction; Reverse Indiglo guages; 9mm Wires; Window tint; underdrive pulleys
_ ___________________ _
2001 Silver GT Convert. Automatic Black top
SkadonyaCA is offline   Reply With Quote