View Single Post
Old 04-29-2002, 03:28 PM   #18
Isamu29
Registered Member

Default Okies heh no everone is laughing at me cuz i said triptronics have cluthes

Quote:
Originally posted by Rice Hunter
Isamu29,
Hey, umm, you may laugh at me, but I'm not quite sure what double clutching is. I have a vague idea, but could you clear that up for me?

Haha, I have been beating the ricers with what I was taught. Maybe I could adjust to a more efficient way to shift. If you could do a quick instruction, I'd appreciate it! Oh yeah, I like manual. As was said, way too much fun to give up.
Yup i agree with that heh most civics can be beat bad cuz most people DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE CLUTCHES, or turbo there civics before they can drive them.... recently 2 rich boys that go to a private school down the street from me died in civic crash cuz they forgot the most important thing about a car...... tuning suspension and wide tires on a car that weighs so little.... couldnt control car and fliped it.... Double clutching is when you press clutch to floor pull stick into neutral let clutch about half way out and depress it quickly agian while accelerating to give gears a changce to slow down while shifting so you get smooth consistant and much more powerfull shifts..... it also saves your gear box...... and makes ure engine HAPPY as BOB BONDRANT says.... if you want to learn more I recomend buying his book www.bondurant.com under accesories and apprarel or a book called Secrets of Solo Racing subtile Expert Techniques for autocrossing and time trials by henry a. watts. Lots of good stuff in both books will seriously improve your shift times and quarter mile and autocrossing times.......

Isamu

I WOULD RACE MY CAR BUT ALL I COULD AFFORD WAS A SHITTY V6 LX MUSTANG...... IF ONLY SOUNDSYSTEMS IMPOROVED HP