View Single Post
Old 05-02-2002, 08:49 PM   #27
Turbo99GT
Registered Member

I don't believe Wade73 was bashing at all. I agree with the comments regarding a manual being more fun and it requiring more skill to drive in racing applications. I went with the automatic because I new it was much stronger from the factory and I'm not a good stick driver. I wonder how many T-45s and clutches the turbo would have destroyed by now. The technology has changed quite a bit with automatics causing them to use less power than before to work. Must of the powerloss happens as a result of an unlocked converter. Most computer controlled automatics, including the 4R70W, can apply a percentage of lockup clutch causing less slip and more power to the ground. Torque multiplication is another story. Remember, it's easy driving a manual when you are making decent power, but try it with 500-600+ rwhp. If you don't kill yourself first, your trapspeeds will be awesome but the ET will be lousy unles you spend a ton of time at the track.
DTA Built Engine w/P&P heads, TDC Turbo (T-76), Built 4R70W, PI Multi-Disc 3200 T/C, Eaton 31 Spline Carrier, Strange 31 Spline Axles, Aeromotive 1000 HP fuel system, 66lb injectors, MSD DIS4, Accel DFI Gen VII & Mac 3" cat-back.
Built by Jade Performance
Best on Nitto D/Rs
11.698 @ 120.898 @ 12 psi (built block)
Best on Slicks
10.922 @ 122.95 (stock longblock)
Turbo99GT is offline   Reply With Quote