View Single Post
Old 05-08-2002, 09:39 PM   #33
wjfawb0
Registered Member

Thumbs up Manual fun...

Hey all, I just bought my first Mustang. I have wanted one for a long time. Now I got the job and money so I did it. I bought a 2002 GT Coupe. I had the paper work filled out and was ready to sign on the dotted line for the auto when I thought, "stop...the oracle said this would happen...I have to make a choice..." so I said hold on buddy, lets go with the 5 speed. I am glad. In my old auto truck I had before, I hated not having control over the gears. I am glad I bought the 5speed. For around town driving and street fun, I love the 5 speed.

My cousin has two mustangs. An auto 91 hatchback with transmission works galore and a 331 or 332(can't 'member) cubic inch block with a centrifugal blower that should runs 10 second quarters. Ran 11.2 seconds with only 6lbs of boost last weekend. He also has a 1985 mustang, 5 speed, 5.0 with work, CARBURETOR that he uses as his daily driver. It eats tires and is fun to run the streets in.

I like my cousins setup, race the auto for E.T. and serious street draggin'. Run the standard for fun. I don't plan on draggin myself. I just want to put an intercooled ATI procharger on mine so I have to rotate the tires every 1,000 miles and replace them every 10,000 miles. Ha ha... Well, I got a lot to learn. You all keep posting so I can have more fun with my new Mustang. Have a good one everybody.