View Single Post
Old 05-16-2002, 10:06 AM   #6
Kisner
Registered Member

Well yesterday was my lucky day. Decided on one final attempt and found one large adjustable wrench I had barely fit in the opening. After applying a death grip and turning with all the muscle I had, it broke loose. Replaced both lines and found the correct radiator to transmission line fittings at ACE hardware. Everything installed perfect with no leaks. Only problem I had was I had to remove the engine crossmember support (or whatever you call the curved large bar running under the engine) and when I went to re-install it hit the lines. Had to slightly bend tubes and they're still pretty tight resting against the bar but shouldn't cause me any problems. It won't be driven that much and it's so tight shouldn't be any vibration. Guess no repro part is exactly perfect. Now to next project - trunk lid. Decided to keep repro lid (even though it's not a perfect fit was best I could find and better than my rusted out, unrepairable original) since I was able to very slightly bend certain areas to get a pretty good fit and alignment (give it a 8.5 on a scale of 1-10). Now I've got to measure, make a template of some sort and drill the holes for the chrome molding. Am using stick on "MUSTANG" letters rather than even attempt to drill 14 perfect holes for the push-in letters. Sure wish it had come pre-drilled. Wish me luck.
Kisner is offline   Reply With Quote