View Single Post
Old 05-10-2001, 09:00 PM   #1
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Post Where to get 302 short block?

I'm looking at building a 302, I was thinking about getting a used block and rebuilding it. I have seen some new short blocks for around $800. This is with forged pistons with huge valve reliefs and nice rods and crank. I don't know how everyone sells there blocks, but I want something without a cam, I want to get a custom grind for it. Tell me if you guys think this sounds like a descent combo. I'm thinking about building a 302 bored .030 which would be a 306, I want to do trick flow heads or port some GT40s, the cam I want to do is similar to the FMS X303, high lift, descent duration, I want to use either a trick flow intake, or edelbrock. I'm wanting to be fairly cheap, but want to get at least 300 HP to the wheels, at the very least. I'd be much happier with 350 or higher, but money is the key. Anyone have suggestions as far as where to buy a short block? heads? intake? Thanks guys.

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

1988 Merc Cougar 5.0 HO, Ported and Polished E7TEs, 2.25" duals w/ 2 chamber flowmasters, T5 tranny
New E/T!!!
14.626 @ 94.94mph, 2.194 60' time, a little better than last time. Keep in mind this thang is heavy (3590lbs) Finally 14s!!!!

QuantumMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote