View Single Post
Old 06-13-2002, 11:11 PM   #1
scale
Registered Member

Default bbk unequals and stock H pipe :(

I have been working on getting my new headers in the past few nights after work and after getting them in i cant get my stock H to line up on the drivers side. THe pass. side is great but the drivers side flange on the stock h needs to be rotated about 10 degrees clock wise for the holes to line up so i get get the studs though. I havent pulled out my h due to the emissions pipe that runs up under the hood. I cant get the bugger off the h. I was going to cut it and find a spacer for it and clamp it back into place but i would rather not. THe stock h flanges do not rotate on the h pipe and if they do...well mines just a bit too rust to get it to budge. Any recommendations? I dont own a torch but i was thinking of getting a small thing of mapp gas and heating my h pipe up just south of the o2 sensor, using a large *** pipe wrench and tweeking (twisting) it to fit. I am about out of options otherwise. Does anyone have any recommendations? I dont wanna buy a new H pipe right now even though i should. I would rather wait until next winter when i can afford it.

Btw...it is a 91lx coupe, 5.0 with stock h and mac cat back system and bbk ceramic unequals.

any feed back would be appreciated. I cant wait to get this thing back together. Still working on polishing the engine...talk about elbow grease......

thanks
1991 LX coupe,AOD, red, 80k, K&N, MAC cat back, MAC off-road X, Autometer Gauges, BBK Ceramic unequals, fully polished upper intake, fuel rails, and egr, working on installing.....MM full length subs, H&R sport springs, MM Lower control arms, MM caster camber plates, bilstein shocks, struts.
scale is offline   Reply With Quote