View Single Post
Old 08-13-2002, 11:03 AM   #6
HORSEMEN RACING
Registered Member

Exclamation Power Adders

Power Adders I usually try to avoid this,because I am not a big fan of artificial hp but I have a small amount of knowledge.

Turd-bos er uh Turbos to me nothing matches the sheer power of a turbocharger,just look at NMRA SSO and FFW Pro 5.0 they are making incredible power with those cars. To me on the street next to nitrous a turbo is the way to go as far as stealth comes into play. I think you need to have a purpose built block for a turbocharger,good set of heads,a stock cam works pretty good with a turbo,but I am a fan of custom cams,good set of pistons,and most important a good fuel system.

Nitrous oxide another good power adder with stealth,I like multiple stages with nitrous oxide or a progressive timer reason being with the 2 stage kits you can hit it with a small shot out of the hole say about 50-75,and bring in a second stage along the lines of a 90-125 hit it will not blow the tires off coming out of the hole,and with the progressive timer you can bring the nitrous in after the car is hooked up and going down track.

Which leads me to superchargers,they are always there,and the power is always on,but unless you get the new Vortech SQ2 line get ready for one of the noisiest power adders out there,if you cannot and are not ready to deal with a constant high pitched whine,then stay away from a blower. Blowers need a good set of heads,cam,intake,the Holley Systemax seems to be the intake of choice for blower guys,I think you need a purpose built block and last not but not least a large amount of patience because a blower car along with a turbo car needs a lot of attention to tuning,and extra parts i.e fuel system,bigger injectors,some aftermarket electronics,and other misc items.

If it was me and I had the money,turbo all the way,I like the idea it does not give it away that it is there,and by the time the victim er uh opponent knows it's there it is too late.

"there are 5,000 Army troops sitting on their butts doing nothing,while 2 companies of Marines are securing this island" spoken by a Army General on the Isle of Grenada in 1983
HORSEMEN RACING is offline   Reply With Quote