View Single Post
Old 08-13-2002, 04:01 PM   #8
inferno
The Instigator

I don't know who moved the thread, but I was hoping that whoever did it could please move it back. I didn't start this thread to be a windsor specific or modular specific thread...just a discussion in power adders in general. A lot of people have broad based questions about power adders and I was just trying to address that need in a general topic. It would be great if there were a power adder forum so that way it would be a lot easier to get a response to the various questions I have scene spread out all through the site in regards to power adders.

Ok, now for a little imput from me in regards to DRAStiK's question, when you are newly looking into nitrous, the first thing you should think about is your ultimate performance goal for your car. As with most power mods, once you get a little taste of the added power, you will probably be wanting to go a little further. The other thing that you have to take into consideration is your budget....if you don't have a lot of money to spend, you want to make sure that you spend your money wisely. The thing about the ZEX nitrous kits is that they don't guarantee a specific horsepower rating for their kit, but they also have the added benefit of several safety features to help ensure that you don't destroy your motor. It isn't that they don't make what they claim because of driveline loss(wheel horsepower and flywheel horsepower should be pretty similar on any hp mod), it is that the system corrects for engine tempeture o2 sensor readings and such.

My personal opinion about nitrous is that with the exception of small shots to spool up turbos, wet is the way to go. The downside to most wet kits is that they are a bit more expensive than dry set-ups. The difference between a wet and dry set-up is that the wet set-up's have a dedicated fuel solenoid while most dry setup modifies the fuel pressure for the added nitrous or don't even address the fuel system. While most dry set-ups are relatively small and the modified fuel pressure is enough for the needs of the kit, my opinion is that it is safer to have a better way of fueling involved when it comes to nitrous....there is less chance of a lean run situation which could severely damage your engine.