View Single Post
Old 09-13-2002, 10:38 PM   #1
robertwigton
Registered Member

Default 86 T-Bird @ that track! Takes z28,and a lighting P/U And a Cobra!

86 T-Bird =3!!!When I last left off,"Our" Racing Boat had New Tire blues,which SLOWED the car down.To say the least ,we,the racing boat crew members were Disappointed,BUT!
Then the trans took a "dump"....Left with no choice,we had to make a "Late" season swap to our back up trans...Wait a minute,WE DON"T Have a Back up! SOOOOOOOO,We used the four cylinder tranny out'a my coupe! Since we had wanted to do away with the factory 2:73 , which we know are killing our times with the Big meaty tires,we were hope for resuilts w/ the "Super low geared 4 cyl. T-5"And ,after some jetting,we had her back @ the 98 MPH mark! Anyway,the 1 races where the 1/8 mile to let the track "Dry out @ the top end"(It rained early in the day)
We quickly realized that the T-5 from the 4 was low geared enough to give us the advantage in the 1/8...So,down goes "Mr Big money lighting"(Which,later he informed us,had traction problems )And then the Cobra,which,I found hard to belive,but the T-Bird over took @ the top end of the track! And my favorite,the z28! Which was after the track was "Up-graded" to the full 1/4.Well,I'm going to point out that,I don't think that the z was running right,but was great 'cause of the guys "Big mouth" al night The z did get the win light 'cause George "fell a sleep" @ the lite,but even with his 1000 something lite,the z only got him by 03 tens of a sec.And the times,if not for the lite,Goerge would have taken him!After that ,the guy left!The boat puts'em all to shame!
wires,under drive pulleys,no smog
timming @ 16 deg,K&N,70 mm maf,
Pro5.0shifter,Home made frame con.
south side lift bars,3.73 bald @#! tires(2 on rear!)Sony C-D and Rockford fasgate rear,w/sony explode
5 1/2 in front.
robertwigton is offline   Reply With Quote