View Single Post
Old 09-21-2002, 06:54 PM   #7
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Quote:
Originally posted by 82 GT
You forgot to mention 5 STAR upper/lower control arms.
I've heard they are cheap and also good quality.
Sometimes they have special deals where if you buy the lowers for $150 then they throw in the uppers for just $50
Who sells those? i've never even heard of them. It'd be interesting to get some info on them.

I also found out that the guy who owned the car before me, relocated the mounting points for the lower control arms on the axle for more "bite" which probably explains the horrible wheel hop (he got the Mustang Performance 2 book by mathis which has an article about doing that). He decided to weld in the old holes, so i guess i'll be double checking his work and the location of the holes and probably going with the maximum motorsports arms so i can regain ride height (i always wondered why the rear sat 1"+ lower than the front). The pinion angle is probably screwed too, so going to an adjustable upper and adjusting the angle will probably help out alot.

I was going to weld the torque boxes while i had the control arms out, thanks for reminding me though because i'm going to look up what different ways people have re-enforced them.

Are there any other control arms that you can adjust ride height as well? I might as well have info about as many manufacturers as i can get.

Thanks for the input guys, any more opinions/info?

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote