View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 10:04 PM   #22
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue01GT
wade73, you sure do act like a grandma for being a mustang owner. if you were a REAL mustang nut you would have taken your personal stang to the max speed at least once on a public highway, unless your some kind of grey haired senior citizen

what would you have done in his position? i think 99% of all people on this site really would have done the same thing no matter what they claim to have chosen to do. being sensible and practical is not part of being a mustang enthusiast. STUPID is old grey-haired people like you that own a 400hp car and drive it like a freekin geo metro

Personally, I would have taken that car out to at LEAST 140 just like stangman and to HELL with the consequences. (i drive 150 in my GT every time i go up the I-5). And regarding the unsafe practice of speeding.. OF COURSE WE KNOW ITS DANGEROUS AND IRRESPONSIBLE!!! thats what makes it fun!! if its safe, slow, and practical, then its boring and, to quote you, "stupid". people who soup up mustangs will drive their cars like fighterjets and thats just the nature of the beast. its an addiction that is celebrated, not shunned.

Part of servicing cars is making sure they work right and a factory-supercharged cobra is designed to be redlined and worked hard. its got 6speeds for a reason! so how do you know its working right unless its driven like a cobra should be driven? Im sure stangman found a nice empty straight road to go 140 and did his "stupid" act as "smart" as possible. I am envious of stangman, and i wish him many more kickass test drives in cobras.

if that was my car, i wouldnt have complained about those so-called "problems" in the first place. and if it was broken by a techie, id just make the dealership give me a new one. the responsibility and risk was on his hands and the customer had nothing to lose except maybe a few extra days with a rental car.

when was the last time you even squealed tire or redlined your engine, wade73? 20 years ago when you were able to floor the gas without breaking a hip? maybe you should invest in an astrovan with a wheelchair lift, mustangs are wasted on people like you.
Your how old? 16? Mustangs are wasted on people like you, who crash them.

Doing 140 on public roads IS stupid. Personally I don't care if you wax yourself in a car wreck, I AM worried about the guy that pulls out in front of you when your going 140 and can't stop. You remind me of all the little rice boys in there fartmobiles that fly past me doing 30mph above the speed limit during rush hour traffic.

Hey dude tell you what, can I take you car out, drive 140 in it and abuse the hell out of it? Why not? After all it's what a REAL mustang nut would do

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote