View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 10:56 PM   #25
wade73
Registered Member

Originally posted by: Blue01GT

I am going to respond to this the only way I know how to: INTELLIGENTLY...

wade73, you sure do act like a grandma for being a mustang owner. if you were a REAL mustang nut you would have taken your personal stang to the max speed at least once on a public highway, unless your some kind of grey haired senior citizen

Not that it matters much, but yes, I am a "Mustang nut". I run my Mustang hard, RESPONSIBLY. I don't care what my car runs top speed because 99.9999999 percent of the time, it is never going to see it. For the record I am 29 years old.

what would you have done in his position?

what would I have done? MY JOB.

i think 99% of all people on this site really would have done the same thing no matter what they claim to have chosen to do.

I would be willing to bet my car that less than 5% would do the same thing, the 5% being young, immature, irresponsible people such as yourself.

being sensible and practical is not part of being a mustang enthusiast. STUPID is old grey-haired people like you that own a 400hp car and drive it like a freekin geo metro

Where do I say that I own a 400 hp car? The only way to get 400 hp is to mod the hell out of it, or buy a '03 Cobra, then depending on who you believe you will have 400 hp. I'll admit, a Mustang is not "sensible and practical". That's not the reason I bought it. I bought it because I have loved Mustangs since I was about 12 years old, and I have always wanted one. I think everyone should own one once in their life, except you: you shouldn't be allowed near the keys to one, much less own one. I run the car HARD to responsible speeds, careful not to exceed either the car's or my abilities. I drive it like it should be driven. That does not mean 140 mph on a public highway in an uncontrolled environment. And yes my car does make it to the dragstrip about once or twice a month, where the the environment is about as controlled as it gets.

Personally, I would have taken that car out to at LEAST 140 just like stangman and to HELL with the consequences. (i drive 150 in my GT every time i go up the I-5). And regarding the unsafe practice of speeding.. OF COURSE WE KNOW ITS DANGEROUS AND IRRESPONSIBLE!!! thats what makes it fun!! if its safe, slow, and practical, then its boring and, to quote you, "stupid". people who soup up mustangs will drive their cars like fighterjets and thats just the nature of the beast. its an addiction that is celebrated, not shunned.

"At LEAST 140"?? After an extensive Google.com search, the average speed I could find for a 2001 GT was 141. Someone else could either confirm or debunk it, but thats just about the limit, give or take a few mph. "OF COURSE WE KNOW ITS DANGEROUS AND IRRESPONSIBLE!!!" it's people like you that our insurance rates are so high. Just because you have a car that pumps out un-godly amounts of horsepower doesnt mean you have to prove it to the next guy. Take "Hammer" for instance....his car puts out something like 450 HP...do you think that he is redline - balls to the wall all out everytime he turns the ignition. NO (i hope so anyway, Hammer! ) When people pull up behind / beside me, and hear the exhaust, they know about what the car is capable of. You evidently suffer from "short man's syndrome", or better known and as "Napolean's Complex" (just so you know, Napolean was...ahhh forget it...look it up yourself)

Part of servicing cars is making sure they work right and a factory-supercharged cobra is designed to be redlined and worked hard. its got 6speeds for a reason! so how do you know its working right unless its driven like a cobra should be driven? Im sure stangman found a nice empty straight road to go 140 and did his "stupid" act as "smart" as possible. I am envious of stangman, and i wish him many more kickass test drives in cobras.

i guess the old saying is true, "ignorance is wasted on the youth"...Just because it has 6 speeds doesnt mean a damn thing. Hell, you can by a Hyuandai with a six speed...you can find out whether a car is "working right" in first or second gear alone. it is getting harder and harder not to just start going off on you....Diagnosing a car's problems are not going to be achieved at 140 mph...not much good can come from that...if there is, please, with your vast knowledge, tell me....enlighten me

if that was my car, i wouldnt have complained about those so-called "problems" in the first place. and if it was broken by a techie, id just make the dealership give me a new one. the responsibility and risk was on his hands and the customer had nothing to lose except maybe a few extra days with a rental car.

you wouldn't have complained? About problems with a brand new '03 Cobra that you (or daddy in your case) just plunked $35K down on? RRRRIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHTTTT....sure, just try and make the dealer give you a new one. "Hello, reality? Have we met?" certainly applies to you

when was the last time you even squealed tire or redlined your engine, wade73? 20 years ago when you were able to floor the gas without breaking a hip? maybe you should invest in an astrovan with a wheelchair lift, mustangs are wasted on people like you.

see above...wait let me refresh your memory...I am 29...oh and not that it matters much, but the last time I squealed a tire (that I pay for, not daddy), or redlined the engine was yesterday.

do us all a favor...grow up...sell your mustang...mature...learn something...then in about 10 years come back

"Get in, sit down, shut up and HANG ON"
wade73 is offline   Reply With Quote