View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 11:39 PM   #29
The Deuce
Registered Member

Before this thread gets locked down, please allow me to throw in my insights.

First let me say that I am only 23, and both the vehicles in my sig we paid for by me, insured by me, and title is exclusivly in my name. Kind of like my house, yeah that's right I pay a mortgage too.

Now then, there is no reason a tech should go over 100 in any car to diagnose any problem. Under 60 and wind resistance is not enough of a factor, but between 80-100 the coefficent of drag is enough to get to any problem.

Quote:
answer me when you have cobra keys in your hand and its 2am in the middle of nowhere. i think you know exactly what you would do..dont act all high and mighty...
I live in So. CA. I know how empty the 5 is at night, and I've driven the Bakersfield to Sacramento strip you refer to many times. Last time I checked though, Dealers were closed overnight, and people could not take cars home from the shop without permission. So he was not drivng that road at that time. He was being irresponsible.

If I found out that someone drove my car like that, I would get them fired. Then I would wait for them and beat the crap out of them. If I choose to do that to my car, then so be it, but you mess with it, I mess with you.

I've smoked tires, done wheelies, and crashed cars and bikes. Through it all I've learned that you are not as good as you think you are. Besides, it isn't you that is the threat on the road, its the car you are racing that doesn't know when to let off.

In California, if you are racing and the other car crashes, you are an accesory to any crime the cop feels like dreaming up. Even manslaughter. Driving over 100 (or 140) doesn't make you more of a Mustang guy or cooler in anyones book. All it does is make you a statistic, and helps keep the cops off of my when I'm only doing 90.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote