View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 11:40 PM   #30
Blue01GT
Registered Member

wade73, i like how you picked apart my whole rant. You can argue me point for point but i think you misinterpreted a few of my rants.

my car gets right up to the 150mph notch on my speedo before it stops. i got 3.73s and a speedcal so maybe its off a little. but, i was talking about the cobra which will to 150 no prob. And its got 6 speeds because the last two are overdrive which facilitate high speeds. its all about ratios. we all know a t56 will take a stang to higher speed limits than a t45, especially when you got a blower with it. so yea, that car is MADE for high speed.

and when the customer complains that it isnt making enough power, you dont confirm it with the engine at idle. you push it hard and see what it will do, if it will crap out or anything when running at full gallop. when the computer shows its working fine, you give it a real world test. Now of course i know that 140mph isnt neccessary to test the power, not even 40mph is needed to confirm power, but if your taking it out anyway, why not make sure?? (hint hint: live a little, dont be a square)

and your comment about only 5% of people on this forum doing what stangman did is baloney. like i said earlier, when you got cobra keys in your hand, your all alone and you got an empty highwayin front of you, 95% of the mustang nuts will do exactly what he did.

"you wouldn't have complained? About problems with a brand new '03 Cobra that you (or daddy in your case) just plunked $35K down on? RRRRIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHTTTT...."

didnt you read the first post? the problems were:
1. not enough power
2. bad gas mileage
well stangman certainly showed it had lots of power. I would have had it dynoed instead but obviously the car ran fine, and i wouldnt have complained about not enough power cause it WAS making plenty power as stangman found out firsthand. and GAS MILEAGE? who in their right mind buys a supercharged cobra thinking the gas mileage will be decent???? who??? someone that deserves to have their car "tested" at 140mph thats who.

would you ever turn in your 03 cobra to the dealer and NOT expect it to be driven like a rocket? cmon we are all human and we know what ford techies do. if you give anyone a 03 cobra and think they wont run it hard, then your naive. (or "stupid")

"Where do I say that I own a 400 hp car?"

i didnt say you own a 400hp car, i was refering to the cobra but i wrote the sentence poorly. Im talking about all the old conservatives out there that own supercars that have never even had their gas pedals pushed 1/2 way down...you know who they are.

29 years old? you are talking like a 50 year old woman with a minivan, yet you claim to be a mustang lover. stangman is a mustang lover. you probably think that everyone on the road who goes fast is reckless except yourself when you do it: you think your better than everyone else. im trying to defend stangman because i think that he did what any of us would have done. you are acting all high and mighty and you say you run your car hard responsibly? cmon thats a contradiction, thats like saying "i drive reckless but im careful about it" you talk about intelligence, but it sounds more like old-man conservative syndrome. and that should be on a DMV website, not a mustang website.

so keep insulting me but it wont change the fact that you are flaming on stangman for reasons that dont belong on a mustang enthusiast site. look at a few of my other posts on this thread and youll understand.