View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 05:08 PM   #1
Falcons Talon
T.P.M. President

Question Cooling system not building pressure

I just got my car back from having the oil pump changed and as I was driving home(20 minutes), the car started gradually heating up. I immediately thought it was just the factory gauge the way it was just creeping up, but the overflow tank was getting overflowed. I cooled it off and refilled the water system thinking it may have been an air pocket. After another 20 minute drive, it did the same thing. It wasn't the thermostat because water was flowing freely. I decided to redo the cooling system. I had the 3 row radiator lined out, changed all the hoses just in case they were collapsing, changed the water pump just in case the impeller was corroded, and while I had the motor apart upgraded to a '95 alternator(thanks for all the wring guides). I also had the air con recharged and after driving all over town for over an hour, the gauge went up a little more than 1/4, but never went over 1/2. When I checked to make sure that nothing was leaking, I noticed no pressure in the hoses but no overflow either. I changed the radiator cap just in case as well. When I took it for another drive, it still didn't build pressure. . All parts are torqued down and I'm not losing water. I checked to see if there was water in the oil and it's clean as well. Is this normal, and if not, is this a problem? I haven't even put on the Black Magic Fan. I'm just using the regular fan clutch with the stock fan.
Falcons Talon is offline   Reply With Quote