View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 04:34 PM   #15
82 GT
Import Slayer

Quote:
Originally posted by 2FastLX

Another benefit is the cleaning power of the Mobile 1 oil. I religeously changed my oil every 3000 miles with the petroleum based oil. When I pulled my valve covers there was a slight film of sludge. I switched to Mobile 1 and ran for around 5 more oil changes or so (at 4000-5000 miles between each oil change) then had to pull my heads to replace the head gaskets. To my amazement when I pulled the valve covers they looked like a brand new set of heads. Not a spec of sludge to be found anywhere. Even the lifter valley looked like a freshly cleaned block. I was very impressed and now swear by this stuff. It may be more expensive, but to me it's one of the best things you can do for your engine...high mileage or not.
I've always ran Valvoline 10w-40 in my mustangs, and still do.
When I tore my 351 down this summer I did'nt find one bit of sludge in the lifter gally or anywhere else for that matter.
I agree the synthetics are better then petro. based oils but there are some excellent petro based oils out there if you don't have the cash for the synthetics.
'82 GT 351W (.060)Comp Cams 274* Extreme Energy cam, ported & polished heads w/ 1.94/1.60 valves 10.3:1 flat top pistons,stealth intake, Mallory dizzy,Holley 750dp carb, BBK shorties,Flowmaster exhaust,C-4 with 3700 stall converter, B&M pro shifter,8.8 rear, 4:10's, subframes, electric fan, powermaster alternator, 4 core radiator.
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote