View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 11:40 PM   #20
MEDIK418
Registered Member

Yeah, but it was in the 80's here a couple of days ago. I grew up in Maine and you is right. Them Eskimos up yonder can have the cold stuff.

The cold here is nice because it only lasts a couple of months and it's back to the good stuff. I think the longest cold spell I can remember right off was one in 1982, December 16 the temperature fell to 6 degrees and that was the high for about 2 weeks. The bad part is the 30-60 mile an hour winds we have here. See, we're up here in the part of Texas that borders with Alaska. The only thing between us and the North pole is a barbed wire fence and most of it's down.

FYI, we use Royal Purple in every piece of rotating equipment in our refinery and the reliability folks swear by the stuff.
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Oh, and the oldest boy is turning his 89 GT into a FFR cobra this next summer.
MEDIK418 is offline   Reply With Quote