Thread: Ate an M3
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2002, 02:39 PM   #1
NO SLO PK
Registered Member

Default Ate an M3

It was Saturday night and my wife and I were going topless in our Cobra when a white BMW whizzes by at about 85 mph.

I downshifted to see what passed us. It was a new M3 with the air vents on the fenders and no less than four exhaust pipes (dual exhaust with dual tips). To my surprise he goes for it, so I downshift to third and get into boost. I'm sure he could hear the whine from the Cobra, which is starting to pull on him. I hit the rev limiter like an idiot, but I shift to fourth and keep pulling. I slow down at about 115, and I'm a solid 3-4 car lengths ahead.

We both slow down, and go at it again with the same result: Cobra winning over the M3 by a wide margin.

The M3 pulled up a third time, kept it's distance for a while, then turned off the freeway abruptly. I believe the driver was trying to figure out what car just handed him his a**.

Maybe it wasn't a fair fight, since stock for stock, the Cobra is faster than the M3. I just can't help thrashing the overpriced European imports and bruising some rich egos along the way.

'91 LX - 331 w/ Procharger
'03 Cobra Convertible - Pullied
'94 Lightning
'65 Mustang Coupe
NO SLO PK is offline   Reply With Quote