View Single Post
Old 12-10-2002, 01:39 PM   #1
Agent_4573
Registered Member

Default Whats the dif. between 50/50, 70/30, and 90/10 shocks/struts

Okay, newbie question here but I'm thinking of doing some suspension work and I'm REALLY un-educated on suspension. So far I put on Lakewood rear lift bars. I'm gonna have to replace the shocks and struts soon, there getting old and worn out. I want to really help the weight transfer to the rear wheels. This car is used as a daily driver w/ alot of red light racing and hopefully alot more track time next year. I'm also hoping on getting into autocross next season. What do the different ratios do and what should i be looking for here? The autocross will just be for fun, I'm really looking for straight line acceleration/traction. (here comes the immature stage) I also think it would be really cool to pull up next to some rice and have thefront of my car rise up over his head.... thats what im really looking for.
'89 LX 5.0, off-road h pipe, flowmaster muffs, underdrive pulleys, rebuilt WC T-5, King Cobra Clutch, 65mm throttle body, Explorer Upper/GT40 lower, Lakewood Rear Lift Bars. 76mm C&L Mass air w/ inlet pipe, Twisted wedge heads w/ stage 2 port,polish, MAC equal length shorties, Billet AFPR, 255LPH fuel pump, fresh low end w/ 10.5:1 compression.

If anyone ever wants to go to Raceway Park in Englishtown New Jersey, give me a shout.

RICER HATERS CLUB MEMBER 87!
www.ricehatersclub.com
Agent_4573 is offline   Reply With Quote