View Single Post
Old 12-22-2002, 04:44 PM   #44
typeR
Registered Member

hey i was gonna stay out of this because didnt want to sound like the ricer ,chimming in...
Quote:
Where I live

99+GT's run 14.5-14.6
99+ auto's run 14.8-15.0

not just altitude but heat and more so humidity...where i live 99+GTs are gonna run 14.4-.6 and autos 14.7to 15.0

let me share this little story from last night with you...cold 50* low humidity 11:30 at night

GT Vs. 3.5L
after a couple runs insome light traffic mostly just getting out in front of traffic...we caught a light...he looks over grinnin...i point at him...we launch medium,both of us were spining alittle...side by side maybe i was 2 inches in front ...maybe...i could tell he had work done,flowmasters ,H pip,Xpipe (not sure) headers,and now im thinking gears,second,still side by side,third ,im like ****....but then it happened....

he ran out of gears,atleast the ones that make enough power,at about 5K for me in third i see him shift...he's in fourth...and i start inching up maybe ended up a 2 to 3 feet ahead,plus that open stretch of road was ending and were doing 113mph....dont usually like to go that fast on the street 80 is usually my max...but ,it was night and this stretch is pretty barron....

he didnt slow down like i did at the end and came up on some traffic....man i was saying...oh man ...oh man....but he worked it out...i was nervous for a second though...in street racing you have to not only think about yourself,but the other driver,what i mean is...do i get him all crazy so that even when were done he goes flying through traffic and cuts someone off or something like that...this guy was in his late 30's to mid 40's i shouldnt have expected that from him...but at one poit earlier he made a dramtic move to get in front of the car in front of him and that should have been a hint....another lesson learned

later that night a 98 style cobra thought he killed me...he shut it down at 50mph me 3 cars back....i had spun badly at the launch....while cruising looking for him i caught up with a guy i know from my friends body shop...600 HP ram air ....he didnt know it was me.....i managed to stay 5 cars back for a couple seconds....

Quote:
"i just took the bait"

Sucker!
... with the '98 body cobra.i wasnt sure he was gonna run...no revs,night time couldnt see, i wanted him to go but didnt want to look like a dick if i jump out and spin and im the only one...so he did go ,i found my self behind ,gave it to much gas and went up in smoke...he shut it down right away me 4 cars back or so...probablly thinking i showed that ricer ,not realizing i could give him a serious run....i was pissed
299$ lowered 1.0/1.25
999$ headers 30 whp

look on there face...pricless
PB 1/4 13.794@101.54

Last edited by typeR; 12-22-2002 at 04:52 PM..
typeR is offline   Reply With Quote