View Single Post
Old 01-21-2003, 11:13 AM   #14
ChunkFunky
Registered Member

Hey man, Im in newton now and the best route, is to just get an OFF ROAD H pipe... and keep the CATTED stock pipe and switch them when it comes to sticker time... its ONCe a year... so you can afford to spend a day crawling under there and switching them... cause technicaly it's just 8 bolts.. they might be a bit rusted on.. but it can be done... it depends on where you go for the inspection... but all places put you on the DYNO... so you cant avoid emissions.... though i used to go to a dude in waltham, some russian guy, he wouldnt even look at the car, he put it on the machine and it was good to go... though he closed down (I wonder why) so I have to find another guy who's not so scrutinizing... but like I said, you cant fool the machine.. unless you have a real good relationship with your mechanic.. in wich case.. they have ways of MAKING it pass...
-as