View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 07:16 AM   #3
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChunkFunky
you can put any size you want up front since it wont effect your speedo... the only thing you want to make sure you DO.. if makesure you're spare is the same size as your rear tires.. or close... otherwise you'll be spinning one side more then the other on the posi and it could wear out faster... though most people dont drive around on the spare for long... but dependson who you are I guess
-as

Yes, you can put 18x9 in the rear. Because those are the tires that are concerned with the speedo, make sure the circumfrance on the tires are the same (both stock & new). If you get taller tires, you'll have to change it if you want accurate speedometer and milage.

You can fit 18's in the front if you want. The width is what you have to be concerned about. I have 17x9's all the way around and they rub a little bit in the front at lock. You will have to roll your fenders if you get 17 and up rims. I had to do that to mine. If your car is dropped, that will cause problems with tire clearence.

IMO: do not get anything taller then 17's. This makes the tired very thin (low profile) and gives you a much harder ride. Plus, don't think about drag racing with these tires. They will not grip strait for anything. There is a reason why NHRA drag cars have HUGE side walls
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote