View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 07:40 AM   #4
ChunkFunky
Registered Member

WHOA.. you're selling you car? what's that about.. that's one nice lookin car...

but back to the subject... it all depends on what you intentions are with the car... you'll see these hondas with reall low profile tires cause that's the thing now...but tires like that are good for turning... the sidewalls dont flex much and they hold thier shape well... though with a drag car your sidewalls want to flex that keeps them from spinning out... when you look at a take off.... there's going to be alot of engery being transfered. You want as much of that going into kenetic motion. the next best thing would be to absorbed by your side wall cause the last step is to break the tires loose and waste it all on heat and smoke....

If you can get your hands on some drag videos and watch them in slowmo you'll see the sidewalls kinda crinkling up as the car launches.

Also low profile tires will kill your rims if you live where there's alot of pot holes.. I have normal tires on my car and I have a huge dent in my rim from a NYC pothole..
-as