View Single Post
Old 04-21-2003, 02:18 AM   #1
Bad89stang
Registered Member

Lightbulb identify the wires to starter solenoid

O.K. I re-located my starter solenoid inside the fenderwell on my 89 and I have wires crossed or not grounded somewhere. My battery is in my trunk so let's get that established (not like it matters).
What all should be grounded to the "-" side of the solenoid? Right now I just have the thick cable from the engine block. I have another wire grounding the engine to the frame. It has been this way for 6 months with no problems.

On the positive side I have the following:
1. Battery cable going to the trunk.
2. Heavy wire coming from my 130A alternator
3. Yellow wire from factory harness
4. Wire with silver box attached to it.

What color is the fuel pump relay wire? I am getting no pump sound when I turn on the key.
Where does the black wire with the two eyelets on it go? I know one ring is originally connected to the side of the engine bay wall. The other end I thought went to the "-" side of the solenoid. However, when I tried to crank the engine it fried that wire back to the fusible link. What am I missing here. I didn't change anything that I know of. I just moved the wires inside and then re-connected them. Obviously, something is jacked, because I can't get the pump to come on and I fried that wire. Please help. I don't need another electrical short SCARE!