View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 11:25 PM   #9
Bad89stang
Registered Member

Hey all, thanks for all the help, but I have long since fixed my problem. I was just mentally fried that day and wasn't thinking. The big black wire was my starter "+" wire and I was thinking that it was a ground. There is no "-" side on the solenoid! Duh! Anyways, I am now trying to find the ground for the ECM so that I can ground it. That is why I have no fuel pump.

93blkGTfun: Here is the answer to your question. The solenoid is nothing but a broken circuit. You have a terminal on the right and left side. The one with the battery cable attached is the side that has constant 12V of power. On the other side (it is not the negative side) you have your starter "+" wire that is only supposed to get 12V when the key is twisted all the way forward. The little bitty terminal in the middle of the two posts is where the small wire goes. It gets power when you turn the key and complets the broken circuit therefore giving the starter cable it's 12V to crank the motor. If you have all of the cables hooked up properly and the starter will not engage, then your solenoid is probably shot. Good luck and let me know if you need anymore help.