View Single Post
Old 07-24-2001, 05:13 PM   #16
blkrain

Red face

Guys guys don't get me wrong!!! A chip is a much better (and cheaper) solution than that kit I was just defendng its price (ie $430 instead of $800) and I was also trying to say a little something about what it actually does (since judging by the first few responses, most poeple did not know how it worked)

It comes with a A9L computer, so save yours for when U are getting rid of your car .
It also has a Map and Bap sensor. Adjustable fan controls (low speed and high speed controls), and conversion harness. It completely REPLACES your computer.

I think they stoped making them though. They have a new one (2nd gen.) which requires U to do some rewiring for about $250. And that might be what Summit is selling with mass-Air etc for $560 (hey injectors and mass air alone cost over $400, so its not too bad of a deal.)

But I will always recomend something like the EEC-tuner over that. The anderson unit is just as good, just a little more expensive. The Speedbrain will be my first choice if I had to do it again. Custom chips are great till U change things then need it reburned. U have to mail it off and wait up to a week to get it back (too much PITA for me). I did have a Custom chip on my car b4 I sold it, and it made a hell of a difference a the track.

Look at my times-13.0@111MPH NA (best trap speed) and 12.9@110MPH NA (best ET). Mind U, U can see the cords showing on my rear Firestone tyres when I went to the track. So I know our computers suck!!! and they need help. I couldn't run the NOS so.............