View Single Post
Old 08-01-2001, 05:40 PM   #12
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Don't get discouraged my man! I know what your going through, I built a 302 and it grenaded about 2 weeks after I fired it up, discouraged...yes. Give up! No mother freakin way! If it blows up again I'll build another one!

Anywhosit you'll never get back what you put into it money or laborwise.

whats it take to pull the motor from the car? an hour and a half start to finish (I've yanked mine in as little as 45 minutes) then you got a little bit of teardown to do?

If you want to make that a last resort, then put together a check list and work your way down from simnple to hard.

I'd start with the engines state of tune then go on to the cooling system, elminating any problems as a I worked along, checking things like part numbers and the like, maybe switching some things out? Do you have the old fan assy? If so try pulling the the electric fan and installing an engine driven fan to see if that helps?

Dude you obviously spent some time and effort putting your combo together, no point in throwing it all away even if it means you have to pull the egine (or not the way Jim seems to describe, if thats the problem? You might just have to pull the heads?)
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote