View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 04:59 AM   #7
shacar87
Registered Member

Well, could be that it's just one of those rare occasions unfortunately. I've heard good and bad about Trick Flow products, just like alot of companies out there. I just recieved a Typhoon upper and lower from Professional Products to see if I have the same problems. Although I will say I am not too impressed with it.....the gasket surfaces are pretty nicked up, the upper to lower gasket is torn in 2 places, the port entrances on the lower are not square or smooth, they're all chopped up and wavy,and there is metal shavings from deburring the ports all over the inside of them (getting a little frustrated now)! Not very "professional" in my opinion!! Not to mention there's a big fat "MADE IN CHINA" in the bottom of the upper casting?!? I'm gonna check out the fit, but i'll definitely be sending it back and getting an Edelbrock Performer RPM. I'll post the outcome when I'm done checking the fit.

The reason I got the X-305s is because that's what came on the long block assembly from Central Coast Mustang in CA., they told me that the difference in HP was only about 5-7 between the X-305s and the optional AFR 165s that were more expensive. At the time, I was pinchin pennies! Plus my Stang is automatic (for now), with a mild converter for daily use, so I didn't want to get too big with the heads and have no bottom end.