Thread: Nitrous?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 01:15 PM   #4
Simi Stang

Default quad shocks??

I'm surprised you had that bad of wheel hop even with aftermarket upper & lower CAs. Did the manufacturer of those control arms suggest removing your quad shocks...or did you HAVE TO remove them for clearance? An '03 Mustang shouldn't be having wheel hop so bad that your "car sounded like it was going to fall apart". I'd try reinstalling the quad shocks...unless...as I mentioned before...they do not work in conjunction with your new upper & lowers. Maybe it's the control arms. I'm not familiar with JDs Performance upper & lowers? With all of your mods your should be into the 13s...even on a radial. Is the track you are racing at a high altitude? What are you launching at? What is your 60ft. times? What is your tire psi. at? All these things come into play with traction...and figuring out why you are getting wheel hop., and not better 1/4 mile times.

I'd figure out your traction problem and the wheel hop before thinking about nitrous. I haven't heard a lot about the ZEX kits. I have an NOS 5115 150 hp dry kit that works great. Just remember ZEX is a new company in comparison to say NOS or Nitrous Works. But the kits are fairly simple so your chances of being happy with a ZEX kit is good...I just recommend NOS...because that's what has done me right for years now. Yes you'll need a bigger fuel pump for sure. A timing retard couldn't hurt either. With some good tires, no wheel hop, good driving...and a 100-125 hp shot of nitrous your car should be way into the 12s. Good luck.