Thread: Nitrous?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 08:45 PM   #7
Simi Stang

Default tires

Oh, ok. So did you have any...or all of the other mods done to your car when you turned the 14.4? Because gears & exhaust alone should get you into the 13s with some good driving. You definitely should be in the 13s with a drag radial...or even better an actual drag slick. As for drag radials...I'd suggest the BFG drag radial. I used to run those and they worked great. I ran them until they were completely bald...so I got a little more life out of them then the 5.000 miles BFG claims they are good for. I don't have much to say bad about the BFG drag radial...except that they are terrifying to drive in the rain. This is due to the shallow tread depth that they come with brand new. Mickey Thompson came out with a new drag radial...but I've yet to hear any reviews or personal experiences with them. You can launch around 3,000 rpms with drag radials and about 25psi. in the tire. That should help your 1/4 mile times out. Of course a drag slick will allow you to launch at 6,000 rpms...imagine how that would knock your time down.