View Single Post
Old 05-14-2004, 05:43 PM   #7
82 GT
Import Slayer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mass Stang
Drag Racing without a doubt. Nothing better than watching John Force take his Castrol Mustang down the 1/4 mile with all candles lit at 320 plus MPH !!!!!
You got that right!! I used to watch Nascar all the time until I went to Reading, Pa. and actually saw,in person, an NHRA event.
After that day, it's been strictly drag racing. I watch it every Sunday it's on TV and have been going to Reading, Pa. for the last two years. This year I bought tickets to see them at Englishtown next month.
I can almost guarantee that once you go to an NHRA event, you will be hooked for life!!
Nascar is boring and is subject to frequent rule changes. They want them to go fast....but not too fast.
If they would just allow the drivers to "race" then it would be much better to watch.
'82 GT 351W (.060)Comp Cams 274* Extreme Energy cam, ported & polished heads w/ 1.94/1.60 valves 10.3:1 flat top pistons,stealth intake, Mallory dizzy,Holley 750dp carb, BBK shorties,Flowmaster exhaust,C-4 with 3700 stall converter, B&M pro shifter,8.8 rear, 4:10's, subframes, electric fan, powermaster alternator, 4 core radiator.
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote