View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 04:09 PM   #7
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Well it sure is a hard decision. I do kind of agree the stock knob seems to be a good shape and feel. It just looks so crummy with that cheapie rubber crap. I thought a leather versiohn might be nice but so expensive. I'm pretty sure pistol grip would be a bad idea because it just does not seem like it would be good in every shifting situation like going to 5th or reverse. T handle seems like it could maybe be a natural arm position and would be good for the ups and downs but possibly again bad in 5th and reverse. I do like the classic knobs but they are basically all the same. Every one of them is just basically a cue ball and they just engrave stuff or call it a fatknob. Someone on ebay is actually making real pool ball shifters that are tapped correctly for mustangs and you can choose any ball you want solid or striped for like 15 bucks.

One of my main concerns in the whole thing is quality connection. I dont want my shifter loose at all or ever break. I'm not interested in any universal ones. One reason I was kind of leaning towards a hurst since they have them specifically tapped for mustang t5. I also was kind of wondering why everyone and their brother is trying to sell all these millions of billet knobs. Burning and freezing your hand is not cool. I saw one I kinda liked from MGW I think it was which is a more stockish stance but with a small pistol grip like cutout section on the rear and its some kind of plastic or rubber stuff so no temp problems. Also lets you choose from metal top decorative piece with running horse, GT, or something else but the downside is they cost like 60 bucks!

Ok so we narrowed it down to either stock style or cue ball style...still a hard choice. I'd like to have a cueball style but still afraid it may not be as good in some areas.