View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 03:30 PM   #3
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Default Re: Seatbelt Laws...

Cue Alanis Morisette...

I too hate the seatbelt laws, and would wear it even if the law wasn't there. I share a lot of the same views with Derek on the "freedom" side of things, although I think it is dumb not to wear one, from a personal safety standpoint.

I was once young(er) and dumb(er) and didn't always wear my belt. I got pulled over in the middle of rush-hour traffic on busy city street because a cop passed me going the other way and turned around to pull me over because he said he saw me without my belt on. Well, in turning around he almost caused a wreck because of the traffic, and as he had me pulled over, there was an accident right next to our vehicles, no doubt because people can't help from "rubber-necking" whenever they see some flashing lights!
I know the law will never go away, but I think it is total BS that they can pull you over just to check if your belt is on.

Oh and then there are the seatbelt checkpoints, talk about a total waste of time and taxpayers money.... don't get me started on that