View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 06:41 PM   #8
Simi Stang

Default Re: I Wipped On A Cobra With A 2 Bbl Carb An E Cam An 3.55 Gears...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83GTMUSTANG
Sorry Buddy It Was A Fare Race If We Were Racing 1/8 Th Mile Than I Beat Him He Was Tryn To Race Me ,reving His Motor At The Light An Lookn At Me ,so Light Turned Green And Off I Went ,,,,,,,think That Was Pretty Good For A 2700 Lb.car From The Factory Minus Sway Bars,power Str., Ac, Condenser, All Hardware That I Didnt Need Including The Rear Seat,,,,, But That Was Then An This Is Now............
If you were racing 1/8th mile? Riiiight...but you weren't. Is that how you gauge who won a street race? By who was ahead at the 1/8th mile? In my book...regardless of how much you jumped him by, in the end...you still lost. Don't get me wrong, it sounds like your car did great for what it is...and you got an impressive start. But that could be just because the guy in the Cobra didn't know how to drive well...and your 3.55s might get you out of the hole quicker.
Let me explain...let's say I raced a Dodge Viper, or some built to hell big block muscle car. I get a killer start and jump out some 3 or 4 car lengths because the other guy is spinning. He's got more power than me, & maybe he can't drive all that well. I hold him off until like 70 or 80mph. Then he catches up and blows right by me. By the time I'm at at 90mph he's got me by 3 car lengths or so. Do you still think I won the race? Because I didn't...in this make believe race...I just got a better start, but in the end...I lost the race.
It's one thing to post about your race...but to say you won...or "whipped the Cobra" would be incorrect. So again, you hardly whipped on the Cobra. If he was ahead of you by the end of the race he won, you lost...you just got a better start...plain and simple.