View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 05:18 PM   #3
Jayme
12 Sec Stock Motor Club

Default Re: First time to the track with "sticky" Tires, got a new best w/ Stock Cam and Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi Stang
Congrats on the times! And no, that is not the norm for a car with your mods. That's way fast for a stang with stock heads & cam. I turning 12.6s & 12.7s and I have the full heads/cam/intake combo. Good job man. I'm sure the drag suspension helped with your time, but have done anything to lighten your GT?
Thanks for the comments Simi The suspension can be a little more refined.. the springs arent that great for this combo, i believe the 4-cylinder springs are too low in the front to store any sort of energy, i believe they have been cut, i got them for 20 dollars from a local wanna-be mustanger... and the rear BBK springs are too stiff.. Im almost ready to switch the springs to Moroso Trick Drag Springs and install a Wolfe Racecraft Anti-Roll Bar.. hopefully that will drop my 60' a little (i was only launching at 3k in the 12.99 pass), as for lightening, it just has a few items deleted, the fog light bar, front sway bar, rear counter weight on the rear end, and of course the all important Weld Draglite wheels... (15x3.5/15x8)

Hope that helped

1990 Mustang LX
12.16 @ 116.65mph
My NEW MustangWorks Page

1990 Mustang GT -Sold-
12.996 @ 104.21mph
1.72 RRs, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Kirban Regulator, BBK Headers, BBK Off-Road X-Pipe, MAC Cat-Back, ASP Pulleys, BBK 70mm TB/EGR, BBK Cold Air, 3.73 Gears, Hurst Short Throw, King Cobra Clutch, 4-Cyl Front Springs, BBK Rear, 90/10 Struts & 50/50 Shocks, Lakewood Lower Control Arms and Weld Draglites.
My MustangWorks Page
Jayme is offline   Reply With Quote