View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 07:05 AM   #1
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Default A ride in the ricer

Well, very few guys here are going to appreciate this story, but I hope it will be a learning experience.

Long story short, a rich kid in the town I work for knows I am into fast cars. He bought this integra that is pretty plain jane, dirty, no wax....kinda dull paint. Showed me the thing along with a dyno sheet for what he said was 450 hp. I had him pop the hood, and there sat the little four banger, with a single turbo. No nitrous lines, no chrome, kinda a dirty engine.

A couple days later, asks me if I wanna ride in this little car, so I said what the hell. He admitted the thing would get no traction on the stock tires, so he takes me to the interstate for a 50 mph and up launch. He cracks this thing and all the sudden I thought I was riding in my buddies 408....with a shot of nitrous. This thing pulled, and hard. This car (granted pizza cutters) was spinning the tires and all over the two lanes of the interstate at 80 mph. He then lets off and pushes a button that he claims makes the turbo push over 25 PSI. The car pulls just as hard if not a little harder.

A few days later he comes back from the track with some time slips on slicks. Ran mid 11's, 125'ish speed, with 1.8 60 fts and 90 plus humidity at western Indiana's elevation.

The point, I still dont want a ricer, but I sure as heck will give him props for a screamin little car. Granted the engine was professionally built in Florida, for HUGE price tag though. The sound of that turbo blowing off pressure when he would let out of the throttle was awesome. The bright side of this story is that on the street, a quick consistent car has a good chance of beating him.

Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote