View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 12:03 PM   #15
scott93gt
Registered Member

Default Re: What's the stupidest thing you've done in your car?

Well, I will have to select one from the list.....
I was 16, just got my license and had a day off school in February. I picked up my friend from band practice in my mom and dad's Olds Delta 88 (2 door). It had a chevy 350 with 4 bbl. When we were leaving there were some other kids outside waiting for rides. I decide it would be cool to do a burn out so I hit the gas and turned the wheel to make a left turn. The car fishtailed 180* and I was now pointed the opposite direction heading towards a small retaining wall that was along the sidewalk. I countersteered to the right, hit the curb, hit the wall and panicked. I threw the car into park (even though I was still moving) and got out (car sitting on the sidewalk). To my amazement, the only damage was a scuffed white wall tire. (so I thought). I drove the car home and my buddy and I washed the car (in February in Pennsylvania) to clean the white wall tire. My mom thought we were nuts since it had started to snow. Fast forward 10 months to state safety inspection. Lower ball joint needs replaced because it is shot from somehow being bent. My parents never said a word although I expect they new something. I l
5 speed, Hurst Competition Plus, 3 chamber Flows, 3.08's.

2010 VW GTI 2dr 6MT
(no pictures yet)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
scott93gt is offline   Reply With Quote