View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 06:30 AM   #9
scootro
Registered Member

Default Re: WTF: Is it with people wanting to buy mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri306
I think the only thing that chaps my ass worse is the guy who keeps pestering you like this: like a broken record, he keeps pointing out the bad points on the car, and it's usually something very mundane, e.g. the sideview mirror is cracked, the ashtray spring is broken, etc. Then, he'll keep saying things like, "oh you'll never sell a car like that!" To top it off he'll offer you maybe $1000 less that what you're asking based on those measly "defects." Go fly a kite, dude.

Trust me, I know how this game works. These jerks prey on people that are just desperate to sell their cars. Hell, I'm selling my Honda Accord right now, and I know it's not in perfect shape, and I adjusted the price accordingly (no pun intended). It has nearly 200k miles on it, but that's not terribly high on these vehicles, and it runs like brand far-king NEW. Anyway, my point is that if anyone tries this lowball crap with me, I'll have to backhand them. FYI, it's worth ~$2350, I'm knocking it down to $2200.

As far as the payment thing for a friend? Eh, I'm in college, so it'd be difficult to say yes to. Unless it's a friend I've had for a long while, and he's in a bind where he absolutely NEEDS a car, I'd more than likely refuse. Yes, not very Christian of me, but I'm living day to day and cannot assume that kind of "creditor" role.
i hear ya...... my car is a perfect dam near flawless...... i hate those low baller pricks...... i told my mom if i don't sell the stang in a month.... i'm going to trade it in and her pos and buy her a brand new car out it....thats the least i can do for her.. she's help me out alot when times were tuff.....and i'm not ford poor... i bought my dream car not to long ago a 1993 cobra (vibrant red w/ black interior) so the black2000gt has got to go....i'm tired of paying the b.s insurance on it..my two older fords insurance payments damm near add up to the one payment on the 2000......

right now my collection is -
2000 mustang gt
1994 lightning
1993 cobra
1988 mustang gt with t-tops (its a work of slow progress right now)

Last edited by scootro; 10-06-2005 at 07:10 AM..
scootro is offline   Reply With Quote