View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 12:52 AM   #1
sedanman
Registered Member

Default Great race with fellow mustangworks memeber!

Well I find out another forum memeber off the board is close and wants to meet up. We agree to meet somewhere I arived first and wait then I see it a beautiful jalopeno red 86 GT come roaring in. We split some cheese stix and some awesome street racing stories. So we start to talk about our cars I had a near stock 91 LX coupe with exhaust, he said the same but then he said something that struck fear into me he had GEARS! So we bs for a while then we head out to race, we must have raced 5-6 times easy and he would stick with me out of the whole and then I would go by him slowly. He and I were both shocked, he took me for a ride in his car I was amazed by the gears and shifter (mine was stock) I could not believe it so impressed I ordered gears the next week.

its hard to beleive but this race took place close to 7 years ago and I can still remember it like yesterday.

My 91 LX ended up being a 500+rwhp supercharged beast later parted out and sold
The 86 Gt is long gone never reaching more then bolt-on status being replace by a LS1 but eventaly back to a 03 GT

The other mustangworks guy was ezridn (Mark) we have since raced each other probably a 100 times easy and shared 1,000's of stories, we have each moved states away, we still visit each other often and still call each other weekly.

Sometimes I go back to that road and do a quick blast just for old times sakes....

That being said we have always one upped each other and for the last year or so he has had me with a 11.9X in his LS1 (I never ran my LX at a 1/4 after it got wicked).

Well Tonight I took back the crown with a 11.59@121!

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote