View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 04:31 PM   #25
sedanman
Registered Member

Default Re: What's the stupidest thing you've done in your car?

I have ton to choose from but this is probably the dumbest:

I had my 91 coupe at the time putting down around 500rwhp it had full drag susp 90/10 50/50s the whole bit. I was on 255/50/16 BFG drag radials aired down. Its 2 or so in the morning on this flat straight stretch of road in the middle of nowhere and the need for speed hits me. So I slow down and grab second and nail it the car spins a little then hooks and I am off, I grab third and am sailing, I grab fourth and the car is moving keep in mind it has 3.55 gears! usually that settles my need for speed, but not tonight oh no, I start wondering just how fast this SOB will go so I do what any dumbass would do and cram 5th. I finally chickened out at 5500rpms (calculates to about 176mph) the car was still pulling but with aired down drag radials and drag susp. you can imagine how scary it was.

The thought of all the things that could have gone wrong....

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote