View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 09:43 PM   #7
wlingle92lx
Registered Member

Default Re: 5.0 (5spd) vs. trans-am (auto)

I just got back, he came out a day early
we weren't suppost to race till tommorow night, anyway
we lined up bout a 3 miles from my house. He drove the camaro, and one's of his buddie's drove the trans-am.I had my 125 shot in just in case. This time it was agaist the trans-am, we lined up got ready and his buddie waved us and we went. Had a horrible launch from dumping the clutch. We did the race over and this time I had a perfect launch, ripped second a little early but still had about 2 1/2 cars on him, hit 3rd-4th and had about 5 cars on him. Man! them LT1's must really suck on top end.
Next was the camaro (i was a little nervous about loosing). Anyway we lined up and went. I pulled about a car off him on the launch, shifted 2nd perfect, hit third, and he was gaining a little, hit 4 a wound it out to about 115 mph and ended up only loosing by about 1 car. He asked if i using nitrous! i said no, but if you want to run me with nitrous you can. So we lined up once more and went. I pulled about 2 cars on him out of the hole, and by 3rd gear i was gone and he wasn't gaining, i ended up having him by about 7 cars HAHA! That's really something to be proud about when you only lose by a 1 car that has about 70 more horsepower than you.
wlingle92lx is offline   Reply With Quote