View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 10:58 PM   #26
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Default Re: 1985 GT - Test your mustang knowledge, guess how fast i'll run 1/4 mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodStrype
Ummm... Not to be over the top, but I'm sure with your 21 year old W E A L T H of knowlege you're probably correct.
Nice attempt at a cheap shot.

You’re associating age with experience. They don’t always go hand in hand.

What kind of mods do you have on your car? How many of them did you do yourself?

I completely removed the motor, transmission, rear-end, and suspension from my car (see updated sig) and upgraded or replaced just about every part. This is my 3rd mustang I’ve done this to.

How many AOD to 5-speed swaps have you done? I’ve done four.

How man H/C/I swaps have you done? I’ve done many?

How many nitrous installs have you done? I’ve done ten or eleven?

How many blower installs? I’ve done five.

I would say I know myself around a mustang pretty well.

Also how often do you race your car at the drag strip? My car is there a bare minimum of once a week, often times two.

Quote:
High 12's... It's possible but not likely, and have you ever even seen a set of gt40p heads? Do you know what they came off of? Do you know how much a car running those heads dyno's at? Do you know that F-cam is probably a slight mis match for that set up? I'm taking into consideration average guy and average car...

And I ask you, have you ever see a set of E7 heads??? They flow a dismal 150cfm intake at .500 lift and 123 on the exhaust.

Oh the other hand GT-40P heads flow 195cfm intake and 142 exhaust at .500 lift.

I would say that 45cfm on the intake, and 19 cfm on the exhaust was worth some serious horsepower over the stock heads.

True the F-cam IS a mis-match, however it does more good than harm in this case. It's still going to make more power than the stock cam.

My car ran mid 13.5 @ 97 mph with only tires, gears, a shifter, a h-pipe, and roller rockers.

Suggesting that a car with much better heads, intake, cam, ignition, and a drag orientated suspension can only run mid 13's is crazy to say the least.

I'm not saying you can baby the car down the track can run 12's. You're going to have to launch it fairly hard and power shift it, but 12's should be easily attainable.

Quote:
Ice the crap out of the intake, have a 40 degree night with no humidity and pray the strip sprays lots of track bite and I'll show you high 12's with that combo.
Do that and I'll show you a mid 12 second car.

Quote:
PS: please don't PM me with how you've been drag racing since you rode a tricycle, how you're an ASE certified tire technician, how you're dad used to hang out with Ozzy Osbourne or anything else... I don't argue on websites because there is no point to it and I have to go back to work now building a database
I also try to refrain from arguing over the internet. I end up spending much of my time explaining things to amateurs such as yourself.

Have a nice day

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote