View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 12:38 AM   #50
RBatson
Registered Member

Default Re: 1985 GT - Test your mustang knowledge, guess how fast i'll run 1/4 mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireburner163
So what your saying is that you USED to go a couple times a year.......but now you don't. So basicly you spend little time at the drag strip. Just because I didn't even have a drivers license when you first started drag racing, doesn't mean you know any more than me. Times change, GT-40 intakes and E-303 cams used to be the shit.........not anymore.
I know things change quickly when it comes to racing. Actually I USED to go quite a bit. Life changes and so does interests.. I changed job description, got a new car and got into the stock market and so on.. I'm not saying I know anymore than you, I'm not a mechanic and never really got deep into an engine but.. 4 cyl springs on the back is almost a given.

Quote:
Who was your buddy that ran Pro 5.0?
My friend was sponsered by Holcomb. He drove the car in their ad. I don't even know if they still use that picture but he is still working on mustangs.

Quote:
I'm just going buy what a few people say about how to set up a suspension. I mean really...what do a couple of people like David Wolfe know about suspension stuff anyway.
Names don't really impress me much anymore. I thought I was being smart by ordering a chip off a well known guy by the name of Chris Johnson. The Diablo had just came out but I thought I would go ahead and get a custom chip by the legendary Chris Johnson. The chip never did work and he really didn't seem to care. Though he said he would look at it if I drove many hours out of my way for $75 an hour.

Quote:
Glad do see your getting the 89 running again.
I do miss it.

Quote:
I'd be glad to run you, I'm always up for a little fun.
When I get it going again I'll let you know.