View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 11:31 AM   #52
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

You got a chip from JMS and it didn't work? For the mach 1? If you would have called and talked to Monte he probably would have fixed it for you. JMS does all my tune work and does a good job of it as well. Doesn't really seem like them to be screwing people around?

But back to my main point.

Jump over to any place that has some REAL tech such as www.hardcore50.com or www.nmraracing.com and see what those guys are doing. Not what they THINK will work or what is SUPOSE to work, but what IS working in their race cars.

I did a V-8 conversion several years ago on a 92 LX. It was cutting 1.79 60 foots with 70/30's and otherwise stock 4 banger supension. I swaped in a set of 95 GT rear springs and added a rear-sway bar. The next week at the tack 60 foots dropped to a 1.71

The 4 banger rear springs don't work unless you are shocking the tires very hard. You want the front end to come up, but the rear-end to say level and plan the power. Not just waste all your launch energy.

Either 1) the springs will absorb a lot of your launch energy and/or 2) the springs are so soft that when you do hook, the car will unload about 30-40 feet out and spin.

Take a look at the spring rates on Eibach's drag launch kit. Much softer front springs and rear springs that are about the same as stock.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote